Since Wednesday I started with my Top 10 Tips over in my 9 to 5 column, I thought I’d continue the trend for this week’s EcoGrrl-icious column…
* While I don’t have any regrets in my life, these 10 Choices You Will Regret in 10 Years does inspire me for the future. Number three has been an amazing lesson, and one I keep in mind as I determine who I will and won’t spend my energy on and my time with. What of these are meaningful to you?
* Lots of city folk like me know bits and pieces but not a ton about “real” farming. This list of the Top 10 Sustainable Farming Practices is great, and it makes me realize, they’re not too much different us lil guys, just on a much much larger scale. I follow the same types of practices (minus the one on grazing of course!) – imagine the difference I’d make doing this as a farmer. (Cherie, any tips for the rest of us??)
* And 10 Simple Things to Make You Happy at Home is kinda awesome. The very first one is a surprisingly impactful one…once I started doing this last year, I’ve been hooked – it’s such a nice peace to walk in and have it made (click on the link, I know you’re curious!). Anything you want to add to this list?
* Talk about treehugging! Gotta dig the 10 Most Magnificent Trees in the World. And you know it’s interesting, as I thought I’d be diggin’ the crazy different looking ones. But you know what? It was the gorgeous trail of aspens, reminding me of my last walk in Colorado with my father.
* Staying up on what is happening in the political climate is vital as well, and Vermont Law’s Top 10 Environmental Watch List for 2013. Let our President pay closer attention this time around – and not give in to big businesses and Republican agendas.
* And finally, just for giggles, Top 10 Stupid Things Americans Say to Brits, by the awesome Ricky Gervais.